We appreciate your interest in Mackenzie! We are seeking candidates for a full-time Assistant Planner/Economist in our Portland office for support in a variety of economic and demographic research, land use, GIS, and permitting/supportive tasks. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of project schedules, and follow-up with appropriate agencies and project personnel.
- Support the maintenance of and update economic models, databases, and graphical time series.
- Read and interpret zoning, building, transportation, environmental/natural resource codes and laws.
- Prepare GIS map products and provide other GIS-related assistance to staff.
- Assist in investigation/research of zoning, property information, demographic and market research, market surveys and/or site assessments, and related items.
- Assist with coordination and delivery of project materials and special reports.
- Interact with jurisdictional review staff to successfully submit land use applications and building permits; assist in permitting duties as assigned.
- Assist in report writing, graphic creation, and report compilation for land use applications, master plans, and similar products.
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Public Policy, Geography, Economics, or a related field.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines at once and enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Familiarity with public and private demographic and economic data sources and time series is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, graphic design, and/or SketchUp is beneficial.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel, including advanced formatting, pivot tables, and financial functions is required.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting economic and market data in a real estate, land use, or economic development context.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required.
- Experience in ArcGIS and Adobe Create Suite required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience is required.
If you are interested in this position please visit our website for a complete description of our project diversity and approach to client service. Please submit a resume on/before 9/30/16. Submitting work samples is required. Please submit each of the following: written work (5-10 pages), economic reports, and GIS work(10 page maximum).