PLANNER I(Portland and Vancouver)
We appreciate your interest in Mackenzie! Due to an expanding project base, we are looking for qualified and motivated individuals for full-time Urban and Land use planning position in our Portland Oregon and Vancouver Washington offices.
Mackenzie is a regional design firm with offices in Portland, Oregon and Vancouver and Seattle Washington. Project types include site development and site selection services; economic analysis; policy planning; zoning and comprehensive plan development; subarea planning to support community growth and economic development; and due diligence/entitlement for institutional, commercial office, retail, mixed use, and industrial development projects. This position requires the ability to address multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment. We have a vibrant and active corporate culture that supports employee growth and rewards high performing employees.
Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, geography, public policy, economics, or related field and minimum of 3 years of demonstrated work experience in the field
- A general understanding and/or experience in the following areas:
- Oregon and/or Washington zoning, building, environmental/natural resources, transportation, and related development codes and land use laws
- Oregon and/or Washington land use and entitlement approval processes and procedures
- Market elements of real estate
- Preparing land use application packages and procedural requirements for land use approvals
- Technical experience and proficiency in application and use of ArcMap GIS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites and related software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with clients, firm staff, and agency personnel
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation and monitoring of project schedule and follow-up with appropriate agencies and project personnel
- Permit coordination and permit expediting including assistance preparing application submittals, monitoring jurisdiction reviews, and assistance in submittal response documentation
- GIS-related mapping assistance
- Assistance in project permitting and land development regulatory aspects of civil/site design and transportation planning projects
- Investigation/research of zoning, demographic and market research, market surveys, property/site information, and other due diligence tasks
- Preparation and coordination of project materials for special reports and entitlement applications
- Interaction with public agencies in support of land use applications and building permits; assistance with other permitting duties as assigned
- Assistance in report writing, graphic creation, and report and application compilation for land use applications, master plans, and similar products