We appreciate your interest in Mackenzie! We are seeking candidates for a full or part time Land Use Planning Intern in our Portland office. The work involves a wide range of tasks generally supporting the land use planning, civil engineering, and architecture departments, with emphasis on site and zoning research, GIS mapping, graphic assistance using Adobe Creative Suite, and permitting and land use approvals for industrial, mixed-use, institutional and other forms of development projects. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of project schedule, and follow-up with appropriate agencies and project personnel.
• Read and interpret zoning, building, transportation, environmental/natural resource codes and laws.
• Prepare GIS maps and provide other GIS-related assistance to staff.
• Submit land use applications and building permits to jurisdictions; assist in permitting duties as assigned.
• Assist in graphic creation and report assembly, copying and production for land use applications, master plans, and similar products.
• Assist in investigation/research of zoning, property information, and related material.
• Assist with coordination and delivery of project materials and special reports.
• Be responsible for efficiency, productivity, and quality control to Mackenzie’s standards.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• The ideal candidate should be actively engaged in or have completed a collegiate or post-graduate degree program in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Public Policy, Geography, or a related field.
• Excellent writing/communication skills are required.
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines at once and enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
• Experience in ArcGIS and Adobe Create Suite required.
• Experience with AutoCAD, graphic design, and/or SketchUp is beneficial.
If you are interested in this position please visit our website for a complete description of our project diversity and approach to client service. Please submit a resume online on/before 09/30/15 at http://www.mcknze.com (click Career Opportunities). Please submit samples of any applicable GIS and InDesign work, and a writing sample. (10 page maximum).