We appreciate your interest in Mackenzie! We are seeking candidates for a full-time Assistant Planner in our Portland office for support in a variety of land use, and permitting/supportive tasks. Projects range from site feasibility, development permitting, and policy planning to supporting institutional, commercial/retail, mixed use, and industrial development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of project schedules, and follow-up with appropriate agencies and project personnel.
• Read and interpret zoning, building, transportation, environmental/natural resource codes and laws.
• Prepare GIS map products and provide other GIS-related assistance to staff.
• Assist in investigation/research of zoning, property information, and related items.
• Assist with coordination and delivery of project materials and special reports.
• Interact with jurisdictional review staff to successfully submit land use applications and building permits; assist in permitting duties as assigned
• Assist in report writing, graphic creation, and report compilation for land use applications, master plans, and similar products.
• Be responsible for efficiency, productivity, and quality control to maintain the a high corporate standard
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Public Policy, Geography, or a related field.
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines at once and enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
• Excellent writing and communication skills are required.
• Experience in ArcGIS and Adobe Create Suite required.
• Experience with AutoCAD, graphic design, and/or SketchUp is beneficial.
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience is preferred.
If you are interested in this position please visit our website for a complete description of our project diversity and approach to client service. Please submit a resume online on/before 09/30/15 at http://www.mcknze.com (click Career Opportunities). Please submit samples of any applicable GIS and InDesign work, and a writing sample. (10 page maximum).